Thursday, December 19, 2013

With New Eyes

As I pack more belongings to take back up to Lopez Island, I realize that I am seeing all my "stuff" with new eyes.  Do I really need this?  Do I even want it? And most importantly....where will it go??  

I'm dealing with all this accumulation from a totally different perspective now.  More IS NOT better.  Maybe I'll need it "someday" is definitely not a selling point. And owning more than one....just in case....does not meet the new standards.

Sounds like I'm well on my way to simplifying, doesn't it?  It will be interesting to see what my New Year's Review and Word for 2014 will be, now that I've turned the corner on this aspect.  Oh, it will take some time to divest myself of all this stuff - must see if the kids want any of it.  But there certainly isn't any internal argument to get rid of most of it.

Caveat:  All craft, weaving, beading and sewing items are not yet included in the clearance.  I'm still working on that part.  Making progress, but it's a bit harder.

No comments: