Sunday, December 15, 2013

Slower & Simpler - Think in Percentages

From the author of http://www.positivityblog.com/ comes the great idea of thinking in percentages:

To set human standards for yourself by thinking about personal improvement in
percentages.
Instead thinking that you have to do things perfectly or that you should improve
in any area of your life pretty much instantly.
I wanted to bring this habit up today because I sometimes hear that you should
always be positive or always be winning or working towards your goal.
And that may sound inspirational in theory. But reality is not ideal or perfect and
neither are you and I. Life gets in the way sometimes. You may get in your own
way. And sometimes you simply don't have the energy or the courage or the time
to do something.
And that is OK. Instead of trying to live up to some perfect image that other
people and/or you may press upon you, choose to set human standards for
yourself. 

Choose to give yourself a break when things don't go as you may have wished and
choose to cut yourself some slack.

 Instead of beating yourself up mercilessly.
 So in my efforts to simplify, I'm going to think more in percentages.  Ah, a much gentler approach.  Since I'm obviously NOT doing this perfectly, how much kinder to myself to acknowledge what I AM able to accomplish, and celebrate that.

So today, I estimate that I've simplified my holiday gift preparation by 70%.  I'm happy with that!!

No comments: