Friday, December 20, 2013

Mixed Feelings About the Snow



Absolutely adoring snow (why else would I venture to Alaska every year in November???), I have mixed feelings about the forecast for today.  It is snowing now on the island (a scant 1", so sadly not worth a picture yet), and with the fire going it's cozy to look out and watch it.  Having lived in Washington all my life, I know enough to stop and appreciate what snow we do get, because snowfalls are few and far between.

However, my niece and her husband from North Carolina flew in last night and are planning to drive up to join me for the weekend.  Snow could certainly put a damper on their plans.  Well, really, on the plans of so very many people who are traveling for the holidays.

I want them to be safe.  I want them to visit. And I want a lot of snow.

I'm afraid my 'wants' are mutually exclusive.  Life is sometimes confusing like that.


No comments: