Saturday, February 2, 2013

Living in My Body

At the risk of hearing uproarious laughter from any therapist with whom I've spoken in the last 30 years, I finally figured out what my "out of sorts" issue was:  I'm not feeling well.  (Nothing serious, just some systemic and reoccurring issues).  But really?  The very last place I look for not feeling up to snuff and off kilter is simply that I don't feel good?

Yeah, go ahead and laugh - I am.  I just keep pushing and going and ignoring what this rapidly aging body is trying to tell me. Well, until it almost literally slaps me in the face that is.  Sigh.  Another lesson that I obviously haven't learned very well:   to actually live in my body and pay attention to what it is trying to tell me.

So I am now paying attention, slowing down, taking time to simply rest.  And what better timing than leaving today for Tucson, AZ for a week to relax in warmer weather, visit with a good friend, sample the amazing displays at the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show (staying within my budget, of course), and..... oh, yes.....relaxing.

No comments: