Tuesday, February 19, 2013

House Goblin

At the risk of inciting all sorts of comments and corrections, I want to share an interesting segue I had yesterday when I friend was bemoaning losing things in her home.  I commented that it might be a house goblin (a story I remember my grandfather telling me) - and so, naturally, I wanted to see what the internet might say about it.


Fairies resemble various beings of other mythologies, though even folklore that uses the term fairy offers many definitions. Sometimes the term describes any magical creature, including goblins or gnomes: at other times, the term only describes a specific type of more ethereal creature

 
When considered as beings that a person might actually encounter, fairies were noted for their mischief and malice. Some pranks ascribed to them, such as tangling the hair of sleepers into "Elf-locks", stealing small items or leading a traveler astray, are generally harmless

An interesting bit a trivia for the day!!  And certainly explains car keys, one earring, a sock missing....

No comments: