Sunday, July 14, 2013

Slower & Simpler - Making Lists

In seventh grade, we had classes in study skills and goal setting.  I remember them to this day (and yes, I was about 12 at the time), because they set me on my life of making goals and writing lists.

One of the amazing benefits of making lists of things you want to accomplish, is that the simple act of writing something down helps to make it a reality.  It is "out there", so even your subconscious works to make it a reality, even if you don't realize you are working on it.

So why not do the same with the simpler and slower life?  This morning I created a page in my journal for jotting down how I want my slower life to look.  Nothing fancy, but it includes some pretty clear details.  How they will come about isn't at all my concern in making the list.  Simply writing down how I would like to live is enough for right now.  And of course, I will be adding to it as I go along, as new ideas surface.

But I do know the power of a list.  So part of me is already celebrating the simpler life that is mine now, and will be even more so in the future.

Which begs the question, where else in my life would a list be of service?

No comments: