Synchronicity in life always makes me pause and reflect that the universe just may be trying to tell me something. This morning, the following blog appeared in my inbox. http://www.dailygood.org/more.php?n=5469
It included the following list:
Ask yourself, “What is it about asking for help that holds me back?”
Which one(s) below resonates with you?
- “I don’t want to be a burden on them.”
- “If I ask for help, it’s being selfish.”
- “I feel obligated to help them in return.”
- “I’m not that important.”
- “I don’t want people to know how bad it is.”
- “I feel they have better things to do than to help me.”
- “I don’t want to come across that I can’t handle x, y, z…”
- “I don’t want to appear weak.”
- “I don’t want to be perceived as ‘failing.’”
- “I don’t have the time to find or look for help.”
So.....evidently I still have some lessons to learn in this area. And I'm REALLY interested in learning them, so I don't have to have another accident to help me on my path to learning! (And yes, there have been numerous other lessons, such as empathy and really seeing other people.)
One might come to the conclusion that all of life is really an opportunity for learning???