Thursday, July 18, 2013

Clean-Up in the Studio

Before I unpack all the materials I took to Lopez this last trip, as well as the Kentucky trip that has not yet been unpacked, it would behoove me to clean up my studio.....again.  One would never know that the rest of my life is organized and in control.  Perhaps that IS the reason my studio gets so messy - I have to let go somewhere?

At any rate, today is the day to tackle at least the work tables and UNDER the work tables, with the goal in mind to be able to teach a few classes here at the end of the summer and this fall.  My students are asking....and I will feel so much better getting my space back in shape.

I still can't squat with my knee, but at least now I can get onto the floor (and more importantly, back up again), so that excuse is gone.  Anyway, I'm a firm believer in cleaning and sorting when the mood strikes, and that seems to be today!

Here is an actual, untouched photo as of this morning.  There are full boxes and bins under the tables.  Scary, isn't it?  But the odd thing is that I actually know where everything is! It usually takes me 3 days to get it sorted out, working no more than 2 hours at a time, so I can think about where things are going, what needs to be tossed, what to donate, and to actually enjoy the process.  There truly is something wonderful about bringing order out of chaos.


No comments: