Part of my "Simpler" resolution this year is to use what I already have.
- Use the china, crystal, and silver. For just whenever. I doubt that the President will be coming to dinner, at least not anytime soon. So why not enjoy it??
- Use the fancy writing pads, lists, stationery that I've collected or received as gifts. I keep saving them for....what? When IS the perfect time to use them? How about now - this year.
- Use the leather bound journals that I have collected - I have so many that I may never have to buy another journal! I tend to use the cheap spiral bound notebooks to "save" the leather bound one for some distant future. That future is starting now.
- I have a stash of my favorite teas, wonderfully aromatic lotions, gifts of jams and jellies - and I'm going to start enjoying them.
- There is an envelope with gifts cards that I've been saving for "some day" - I'm going to put them where I can see them daily and start using them.
And just think - none of this costs a penny and it also helps simplify and declutter.
Okay, and I also get to feel decadent while using them!!