Thursday, January 10, 2013

Rainy is an Understatement

Yes, I am native to Washington State and the Northwest.  Yes, I absolutely adore the rain. There is nothing more soothing than lying in bed listening to rain drops on the roof. It also helps that I have a hair style that can survive the wet and humidity.

We have had steady rain (not a downpour) for the last 24 hours.  My rain guage is at .98 inches for this last 24 hours.  (Well, okay, my guage is digital, wireless, and self-emptying...is that cheating??) And there are flood watches now in effect for the surrounding lowlands.

Perhaps I should temper my love of rain?  Well, I'm not causing it, I know. Perhaps my perspective simply reflects my "glass half full" attitude (pun intended) - to love the rain since I live where we certainly have our fair share?

Just can't help it - it's raining, and it's a good day.

No comments: