Sunday, November 18, 2012

Slower and Simpler Sunday I

Slower and Simpler Sunday

A friend shared about the blog Six Sentence Sunday (http://www.sixsunday.com/about/), and coupled with my desire for a simpler, slower life, especially while on the island, the two concepts congealed for an idea of my own new blog for Sundays.

My thought is that I'll try to write on Sundays about this slower, simpler way of life.  Some of my own thoughts or issues, some books that I've found, and obviously links to websites will be the "simple" gist of it.  Just  an idea that was rummaging around in my head this morning as I tried to sleep-in - a process made impossible by Bailey who needed to see his two-legged servant upright.  While part of "slower" might involve sleeping in for some folks, obviously that is too much to ask in this household!

I did find a book that seems to encompass both the slower and the simpler aspects of my quest:
Almost Amish: One Woman's Quest for a Slower, Simpler, More Sustainable Life


The book also has a 4-star rating, and is available for the Nook....uh-huh, is that just wrong to want to read books about simpler life-styles on my e-reader????








No comments: