Thursday, October 25, 2012

Life's Little Irritations

Ah, still evidently need to learn patience. Interesting, how life presents opportunities for practice and growth.

Got home from the dentist, drove into the garage, and heard a loud hissing sound. Had picked up a huge screw in a rear tire. My dear husband got the spare on, and then I waited 2 hours for 4 (count them - four!) new tires.  Left there directly for a meeting, so had no dinner.

I love my little car with all wheel drive, especially anticipating bad weather on the island. But there is the drawback that all four tires need to match so that all-wheel drive train doesn't get messed up.  I guess that is a small price to pay for security on the road, in the rain and snow.  (Plus my little car holds all of my basketry materials, class projects, sleeping bags, display tables, etc.) 

It's the perfect car.  Cost for tires & service - over $600.  Cost for peace of mind - priceless.


No comments: