Saturday, January 18, 2014

Rhinoceros

At the risk of sounding like I'm complaining (which I really do try never to do):
Dealing with the flu bug (which, by naming it so, makes it seem small and insignificant, while in reality it's taken over my entire life at the moment) just reinforces how much energy goes into what I do on a daily basis. Actually, what anyone does.

It takes energy to get up and get dressed, to live your day, to check a few things off the to-do list, to plan, to create, to write.

Nasty bug.  Bad bug.  I really, really want my head back so I can think!

Maybe it should be called the flu rhinoceros - makes more sense:  all about the nose, snorting, mowing down any plans one might have made, uncontrollable, huge and all consuming, stomping around in the heat (fever) as well as in the head....you get the drift!

Somehow that makes me feel so much better, to be dealing with a rhino than just a bug!!

 + 







No comments: