What I've learned from using crutches that could apply to life in general:
1. Plan ahead.
2. Don't take more than you can easily carry.
3. Consolidate errands to limit trips.
4. It's really inconsiderate if someone parks in the handicapped slot if they don't have a permit.
5. Some small hills feel like mountains when you are struggling just to stay on your feet.
6. Accept help from others graciously.
7. Pockets are a great invention.
Crutches help one to simplify and figure out what is really essential in life.