Monday, April 15, 2013

Projects from Retreat

Home from retreat, and feeling energized with new ideas, things I want to try, and some projects in several stages of completion. (Pictures to be posted as things get done.)

I have a new class basket, The Dance, in that stage where I now know what doesn't work, but am pretty sure of what WILL work.  One of members of my group loves the proto-type, so it will not be wasted.  We bartered one of her smaller quilted pieces for this version, once I get it rimmed.

A new art piece, Northwest Vines II,  was started (it took 3 hours to trim and place the 146 spokes out of 3 mm dyed reed).  I have about 20 hours into it, reflecting about 2 inches of weaving past the base.

The crocheted baby blanket for my goddaughter's baby is started in a variegated pastel yarn, making an alphabet design.  I love working on it, filling the fibers and design with love for them both.

Worked a bit on the salla bag for class - will have the sides done as required for our second class this next Saturday.

We had a class in silk painting, so I now have a window hanger of a dragonfly for the main bathroom at Lopez - I needed something to block the window, and this is perfect!  I still need to brush on a medium to protect it, but it's nice to have at least one thing completed.

It was a successful, productive, loving weekend filled with work, learning and laughter.

No comments: