Wednesday, April 30, 2014

One Drawback

So one definite drawback (and yes, that word jumped out at me, of course) of island living?  I have to go off-island to get my hair colored and cut.  Ah well - it's not that often.  (I'm just not ready to have long, dismally grey hair.)
So I'll make a day of it and do a little exploring in Anacortes.  Thankfully I got a lot of work done yesterday, so a day away won't put me too far behind.  There is always hand-work to be done while waiting for and riding the ferry.

I am still adjusting to island life.

draw·back
ˈdrôˌbak/
noun
  1. 1.
    a feature that renders something less acceptable; a disadvantage or problem.
    "the main drawback of fitting catalytic converters is the cost"

    synonyms:disadvantagesnagdownsidestumbling blockcatchhitchpitfall, fly in the ointment;
    https://www.google.com/search?q=drawback&oq=drawback&aqs=chrome..69i57.2574j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8



No comments: