Friday, September 5, 2014

Morning Musings

Probably everyone, upon awakening, has thoughts rumbling around in their heads - what needs to be done that day, problem solving, and simply mapping out activities.  For quite a few years now, and I don't remember when it first started, I have new designs, little twists on weaving techniques that might work, entirely new baskets, and possible new mixes of materials to try, all bubbling up in my consciousness when I first wake up.

Some of the ideas are entirely new to me - at least that I know of.  Where DO these come from??  I now completely understand the need for the concept of a muse.  Mine has no name but that nebulous time between fully asleep and fully awake, when my censoring mind is not functioning and anything is possible.

Oh every thought or idea certainly isn't practical or even viable.  But some, or parts of them, are new ways of looking at what I do and how I might do it differently.

Call it what you will - creativity, musings, my muse, or simply rambling thoughts because I work and play with various materials all day - early mornings before I get out of bed are my favorite part of the day.  I love that the muses (there were nine of them, you know) want to dance in my head and help me greet the day.




No comments: