Friday, August 22, 2014

Revisiting "Balance"

My chosen word for this year is "balance", and it's helpful to revisit it to see if my life and choices reflect that word....otherwise why pick a word at all??

1bal·ance

 noun \ˈba-lən(t)s\   http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/balance
: the state of having your weight spread equally so that you do not fall
: the ability to move or to remain in a position without losing control or falling
: a state in which different things occur in equal or proper amounts or have an equal or proper amount of importance


Obviously I'm mostly thinking of the third definition, balancing the importance of the things in my life (in this case, one "thing" is my relationship with others).  On the occasions when I feel "uncentered" or out of balance,  I know that I've let some portion of my life get out of whack and unequal.  It's so much easier to say balance than to live it.

















No comments: