Monday, October 14, 2013

Time to Reflect

Back to Washington State, absolutely filled to the brim with new ideas, gratefulness in new friendships, eagerness to record all that I learned and directions I might take my own work.  What an amazing week in Tennessee.  Yes, I'm energized (in spite of the jet lag) - but that's what it's all about, isn't it?

Today my time will be filled with clearing out the accumulated emails (gack!), getting my life back in order (laundry, bills, watering plants), and transferring to my studio journal the myriad of new ideas, techniques, and weaving ideas that percolated from being around so many creative artists. Oh, and yes, letting Sophie occupy a prominent place, either in my lap or desk, as I work.

There are also new directions and thoughtful suggestions important to me personally for both our local guild (collecting resource materials for teaching basketry to children - we need to encourage a new generation of weavers) and for the National Basketry Organization (designing a method to create a resource list of basketry teachers by technique, area, and materials).

So very many gifts from this time away.  I truly need time to reflect, and write, and absorb.



No comments: