Sunday, September 8, 2013

Slower & Simpler - the Manifesto

In my never-ending search for inspiration on living a slower and simpler life, I came across this post:
http://welivesimply.info/simple-living-manifesto/.  In it, he shares from “Blogging the Simple Living Manifesto.” The manifesto comes from author, blogger and minimalist, Leo Babauta and his site, Zen Habits.  Leo list 72 steps in his manifesto - well worth the read! 

The one that struck me the most?  Number 72:
Always ask: Will this simplify my life? If the answer is no, reconsider.

Leo also writes:  However, getting to simplicity isn’t always a simple process. It’s a journey, not a destination, and it can often be a journey of two steps forward, and one backward.

Hence my weekly reminders and search for ways to live a simpler and slower life.  In my case, it is most certainly a life-long journey....and at times I find that I need to retrace my steps.  Thank heavens it's not a race!

No comments: