I'm back in America. Driving to the ferry in the morning I saw a flock of geese. Waiting for the ferry I saw two bald eagles. Riding on the ferry was relaxing, watching the gray islands slip by.
After getting on the mainland, I noted:
- no one waves to each other
- there are way too many cars
- those cars are driving too fast
- there are SO many State Patrol out (see item above)
- did I mention too many cars????
- the grocery store is busy, the gas station is busy, life is just busy
I think I am now an islander. I'll be visiting the mainland for two weeks, then will be coming home again.