Monday, November 3, 2014

Birthdays and Acts of Kindness

This is my birthday month, and in the midst of planning how I want to celebrate it, I came across this article:

36 Acts of Kindness


--by ohadinte, posted Oct 18, 2014
A few days ago I celebrated my 36th birthday. I decided to do 36 anonymous acts of kindness that day. So I bought 36 flowers and put it on car's windows- with a note that says: "Someone you do not know chose to make you happy.

Please give this flower to someone you love. Happy weekend and safe drive". Actually I wanted to print smile cards, but because we are on holidays -the shops were closed.

So I handwritten 36 cards. I did it with my little daughter and it really made my birthday- a celebration ! -


 

- See more at: http://www.kindspring.org/story/view.php?sid=70488#sthash.WE80CXHp.dpuf

How inspiring!  Oh, I'll still definitely plan some things that are "all about me"...but what a wonderful addition to the celebration - to do some random acts of kindness.  Since I'm well beyond 36, the acts may have to be done over a week, but still!!


No comments: