Saturday, May 17, 2014

Called Classics for a Reason



Some books are called classics for a reason, and rereading them now and again helps me to appreciate their nuggets all over again.  In packing up my books (downsizing, cleaning, simplifying), I ran across Thomas Merton.  I'm not quite ready to part with him just yet!  And there is a reason that I underline and highlight my books.....so I can pick them up and easily find those special tidbits.

“A man who fails well is greater than one who succeeds badly.” 



“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.” 



“The real reason why so few men believe in God is that they have ceased to believe that even a God can love them.” 


                                        Thomas Merton - No Man is An Island


No comments: