Thursday, April 30, 2015

Unfinished Projects > Creativity

Right at the moment, I have more unfinished projects going than ever before in my life.  And instead of feeling overwhelmed, incompetent, or lazy, I'm actually embracing the feeling of having so many lovely options when I sit down to work on something.

It's a rather interesting shift in perspective.  Perhaps retirement does that to you?  If there aren't any looming deadlines, it's very nice to have a variety of projects to choose from:  tatting, crocheting, knitting, embroidery, quilting, 3 different baskets, several beading items, and I'm sure there are a few more that don't come to mind at the moment.

Naturally I have a list (on WorkFlowy, of course) of the deadlines and progress markers.  But I'm letting the rest ebb and flow according to my whims of the day.  Amazing how more relaxing life is with this new mindset.  I'm just not sure when the shift happened.

And of course, there is always room for exploration if something catches my attention....like wood carving, working with resin, wood sculpture.....the word "dabbling" comes to mind. All of which, is just to say, this whole process makes me feel much more creative.  And I am definitely not bored.



   



    

No comments: